Discover our Webinar On-Demand Series
This webinar on demand looks at the topic of controlled proportional pneumatics and how this technology can be used to increase machine flexibility or achieve a more sustainable process.
This webinar covers:
- What is controlled proportional pneumatics and what operating principles are available?
- Flow or pressure control – how to choose the right approach?
- Application examples – applying controlled pneumatics for flexibility and energy saving
- Combining pressure and flow control for a new motion control approach
- Comparing proportional control technologies; Piezo, voicecoil and PWM
With rising energy prices pushing up the cost of compressed air, it is more important than ever to use it carefully and wisely. The same is true for process gases, ranging from air to inert gases, oxygen, and exotic gases. These are used for everything from everyday applications in food packaging or tyre inflation, to highly precise and technical applications for semi-conductors or scientific research. They are all dependent upon the cost of the gases they consume. As the cost of these rises, the case strengthens for carefully re-evaluating the technology used to control flow and pressures.
The session is ideal for pneumatic engineers, controls engineers and system architects that are designing, specifying or upgrading automation systems in factory automation.